Our Microsoft Experience
We have significant years experience developing, maintaining and upgrading applications based on key Microsoft data management products, including:
- Power BI
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSIS)
- Visual Studio components
However, these technologies are now by no means the full extent of Microsoft’s ever increasing data capabilities. The 2017 Gartner Report on BI & Analytics vendors now positions Microsoft as a leader in the Analytics and BI space, reflecting the investment Microsoft continues to make in this area. For example, Microsoft now provides solutions combining the power of Hadoop to manage large volumes of data with the well-known SQL interface. Another example: they also provide technologies to access and process social media data in real-time, displaying the results in compelling Power BI dashboards. In addition, Microsoft is quickly moving towards providing more and more cloud-based analytics solutions with Office 365 and Azure.
How we can assist you
- Design, develop and maintain SQL Server based data-focused systems. As an example: based both on our Healthcare functional expertise as well as our database skills, we recently developed a SQL-based system for a client in the healthcare space. The objective of the system is to ingest large volumes of patient treatment data from clinics, “de-identify” this data and then provide the resulting data sets to medical product manufacturers. This required us not only to provide deep functional understanding of the HIPAA regulations relating to patient data de-identification, but also the technical skills with various Microsoft products to produce manufacturer-specific analyses on a regular basis.
- Design, develop and implement Analysis systems based on Power BI and other Microsoft Analytics components.
- Provide guidance on how best to leverage the ever-developing range of Microsoft platforms & technologies, including cloud-based solutions.